You Dont Know Whether Your Coming or Going

Unit 51- Part A

galka.jpg In each of these sentences at that place is an auxiliary verb and a main verb:

I
She
The hotel
Where
accept
tin't
was
do
yous
lost
come
built
alive?
my keys.
to the party.
ten years ago.


In these examples accept/can't/was/do are auxiliary (= helping) verbs.
You can use an auxiliary verb when you don't want to repeat something:

•    'Accept you locked the door?'    'Yes, I accept.'   (= I accept locked the door)
•    George wasn't working, but Janet was. (= Janet was working)
•    She could lend me the coin, but she won't.   (= she won't lend me the money)

Apply do/does/did for the present and past uncomplicated:

•    'Do you lot like onions?'    'Yeah, I exercise.' (= I like onions)
•    'Does Simon alive in London?'    'He did, simply
he
doesn't any more.'

Y'all can use auxiliary verbs to deny what somebody says (= say information technology is not true):

•    'You're sitting in my place.'    'No, I'm not.' (= I'one thousand non sitting in your place)
•    'You didn't lock the door earlier yous left.'    'Yeah, I did.'
(= I locked the door)

Unit of measurement 51- Part B

galka.jpg We utilize have you? / isn't she? / practise they? etc. to show interest in what somebody has said or to show surprise:

•
    'I've just seen Simon.'    'Oh, have you? How is he?'
•    'Liz isn't very well today.'    'Oh, isn't she? What's wrong with her?'
•    'It rained every day during our holiday.'    'Did it? What a compassion!'
•    'Jim and Nora are getting married.'    'Are they? Really?'

Unit 51- Part C

galka.jpg We utilize auxiliary verbs with so and neither:

•
    'I'grand feeling tired.'    'So am I.'
(= I'm feeling tired too)
•    'I never read newspapers.'    'Neither practice I.'
(= I never read newspapers either)
•    Sue hasn't got a motorcar and neither has Martin.


Annotation the word order after so and neither (verb before subject):

•    I passed the test and then did Paul. (non so Paul did)

Instead of neither, you can employ nor. You can as well use not … either:

•    'I don't know.'    'Neither do I.' or 'Nor exercise I.' or 'I donorth't either."

Unit 51- Part D

galka.jpg I think so / I hope so etc.
Later on some verbs you can apply so when you don't want to echo something:

•    'Are those people English language?'    'I think and so.' (= I call up they are English)
•    'Will you be at home this night?'    'I expect so.' (= I wait I'll exist at home …)
•    'Practise you remember Kate has been invited to the part)?'    'I suppose so.'

In the same fashion we say: I hope and then, I guess so and I'thou afraid so.

The usual negative forms are:

I call up so / I expect and so
I promise and then / I'one thousand agape and then /I estimate so
I suppose and so
→ I don't think and then / I don't look and then
→ I hope not / I'm afraid not / I estimate not
→ I don't suppose and then
or I suppose not

•    'Is that woman American?' 'I call back so. / I don't call back so.'
•    'Do you think it will pelting?' 'I hope so. / I hope not.'
(not I don't hope so)

Exercises

{slide=one Consummate each sentence with an auxiliary verb.}flag.jpg Complete each sentence with an auxiliary verb (practise/was/could etc.). Sometimes the verb must be negative (don't/wasn't etc.).
{tooltip}Primal.{end-link}2  doesn't
three  was
4  volition
5  am … isn't    or    'chiliad not … is
6  should
7  won't
8  do
9 could
10 would … could … can't  {end-tooltip}

1    I wasn't tired, merely my friends were .
2    I like hot atmospheric condition, just Ann _______.
3    Is Colin hither?'    'He _______ five minutes agone, but I remember he's gone dwelling now.'
4    Liz said she might phone afterwards this evening, simply I don't think she _______.
five    'Are you and Chris coming to the party?' I _______, only Chris _______.'
half dozen    I don't know whether to utilize for the job or non. Practise you think I _______?
vii    'Please don't tell anybody what I said.'   'Don't worry. I _______.'
8    'You never listen to me.'    'Yep. I _______!'
ix    'Can you play a musical instrument?'    'No, simply I wish I _______.'
10  'Please help me.'    'I'k sorry. I _______ if I _______, but I _______.' {/slide} {slide=two Answer in the way shown.}

{/slide} {slide=iii Yous are talking to Tina.}

{/slide} {slide=4 Read the information in brackets and and so respond.}flag.jpg In these conversations, you are B. Read the data in brackets and then answer with I remember and then, I hope not etc.
{tooltip}Fundamental.{end-link}2  I hope so.
3  I expect and so.
4  I don't think and then.
5  I'm agape not.
half dozen  I'g agape and then.
vii  I suppose so.
8  I hope not.
9  I remember and then.{end-tooltip}

1    (You lot don't similar pelting.)
A: Practice you think it volition rain?    B: (hope) I hope not.
2    (You demand more than coin speedily.I
A: Do you recollect you'll go a pay rise soon?    B: (hope) ______________
3    (Yous remember Diane volition probably become the job that she applied for.)
A: Practice yous remember Diane volition become the job?    B: (expect) ______________
4    (You're not sure whether Barbara is married – probably not.)
A: Is Barbara married?    B: (call back) ______________
5    (Yous are the receptionist at a hotel. The hotel is full.)
A: Have you got a room for tonight?    B: (afraid)  ______________
6    (You're at a party. You have to get out early.)
A: Exercise yous have to go out already?    B: (afraid) ______________
vii    (Ann normally works every twenty-four hour period, Monday to Friday. Tomorrow is Wed.)
A: Is Ann working tomorrow?    B: (suppose) ______________
8    (You are going to a political party. You can't stand up John.)
A: Do yous think John will exist at the party?    B: (promise) ______________
9    (You're non sure what time the concert is – probably vii.30.)
A: Is the concert at vii.30?    B: (recall) ______________ {/slide}

smithmelm1994.blogspot.com

Source: https://megaen.ru/unit-51-auxiliary-verbs-have-do-can-etc-i-think-so-i-hope-so-etc/

0 Response to "You Dont Know Whether Your Coming or Going"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel